Monday, March 24, 2014

The Beginning of March

 Well, well...  Long time no posting!  Hello folks!  How have you been?
My life over the last month has been fairly interesting, to me at least, and I hope it will be to you as I take you on a journey of it!
This is driving up Highway 1 to Matthew's work.  Always pretty especially so right now
with the hills green and the fog rolling in and out.
The Tuesday after Daddy and Momma arrived, Daddy took Matthew to work
so I could have our car for taking my driving test!  Ahhhh! Scary, especially since I'd
never driven in the area it was to take place... ;-/  But I passed, by a middling margin, and went
thrifting and grocery shopping with Momma.  That evening I went to pick up my hubby from work.
This picture (Madonna Mountain, or technically Cerro San Luis I think is the peak) was taken on my way to get him.
I was going to wait at the gate to Camp San Luis, but when I pulled off to the side, the guard came out and asked what I was there for.  I told him, and he remembered the situation since Matthew had hitchhiked from the gate to the Wagon Wheel that morning when Daddy dropped him off.  He let me in and I got to see where Matthew works and meet a few of the cadets, two of which Matthew had had long conversations with that day.  They really seem to open up to him and come to him for more than just computer problems.  We'd appreciate your prayers for him in his work!

The next day, Wednesday, I had a small luncheon for a few of the ladies.  I had suggested just asking 4 since I don't have much space, but it was hard enough getting it down to 5!  They were a joy to have, I thoroughly enjoyed showing off my tree house and serving them lunch.  It was delightful to hear them chatting quietly, and then a bit louder and then a bit LOUDER, and then hahahahahahah!!!  =)  Loved that and sitting with them some.  Thanks for coming, and for the little gifts!

Really enjoyed getting out on a few walks with Momma.
Fun to show her the neighborhood and get fresh air and exercise together.

This is a bit weird, but a solemn story.  My neighbor, Annabelle the donkey,
was put to sleep on Thursday.  It was very hard for our landlady to do, but the
donkey was ancient and well passed the prime of life, if the poor thing ever had
a 'prime'.  Being around the situation often when working, I knew what a difficult
 decision it was for her.  We wanted to do something for Mrs. Neilson, and Matthew thought
of putting flowers on the body of the donkey, which we did when we got home from dinner with
Momma and Daddy at someone's house.

I was hoping for a nice day to take Momma and Daddy to the beach to relax
and just chill for a bit together.  We didn't end up having a choice of which day,
were lucky to have a spare day at all, and it wasn't the niceset to be at the beach!
Chilly and windy, but still with its own beauty.  Here, Momma and I found a sheltered cove,
while we waited for Daddy to find a hat to shade his bald spot ;)

The cart to this kite rig is next to a rock and hard to see, sorry.  This guy uses his surfing kite
to power this three-wheeled go-cart thingy.  He wears a helmet, shin and elbow guards, and
a bunch of gear.  It is quite the sport!  Not only are you flying a kite and using its power to
propel yourself, but also using your feet to steer the front wheel, AND go around rocks, seaweed,
people, in and out with the waves.... I held my breath while watching him.  Very interesting!
 Let's see if I can find a better picture....

Morro Rock on the right side of this picture.

So we told Daddy and Momma that when they came, we'd take them to Pinnacles.
I knew Momma especially would like it.  So we did!

Momma carried her own water, Daddy had Matthew's Camelbak and Matthew insisted on being a gentleman and carrying mine, so he wouldn't look like a wimp being the only one not carrying something!  So whenever I wanted a drink, I had to catch him!

On the 'steep and narrow' section.

Going to the caves!  More were open than when Matthew and I went, and wow!
Yikes! Not quite my cup of tea, crawling around under rocks in the dark!  Eep!
Especially with Momma right in front of me and Daddy right behind!  Just a little claustrophobic!
But it was really fun, Momma thought the caves were the best part, I think, so that made it worthwhile ;)
~Ashley's Shower~
Sunday afternoon was Ashley's shower.
The girls (Addie, Coral, and Shelley, I believe) did a nice job decorating
and putting it together.


A young lady, that Ashley was a doula for last fall, arrived a bit late, and was in the back where I was.  Her baby was born in November, I think, and it was fun to talk to her.  She was really sweet and fun.

Daddy and Momma heading out Monday morning.  Heading back to cold, snow, and wind! =)  Come see us any time!
And now I should get out of the sun before I get a sunburn!  It has chased me until I have no shade left back here on the porch!  There are more pictures and a lot more living left in March, so I will post again soon!  All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.